The Donaldson-Mohney Funeral Home is the area’s oldest funeral service provider. It was established in 1880 by Scott Robison. Ownership was then acquired by L.A. Love in 1901 and was joined by his son Raymond Love in the fall of 1922. The funeral home was then purchased by A.B. “Bud” Donaldson in 1953. Next, the partnership of Bud Donaldson and John K. Mohney was formed which established the business that is operating today. Once more the funeral home was purchased by Shenango Valley native Stephen J. Sherman in 1990 who worked for Donaldson and Mohney for years before purchasing the establishment that has continuously served the Shenango Valley from 1880 to present day. In 2010 the Donaldson-Mohney Funeral Home added Stephen J. Sherman II as a resident intern. After becoming a licensed funeral director, Stephen has advanced to partner and supervisor of our firm. Steve and his son Stephen proudly own and operate the Donaldson-Mohney Funeral Home together.
We at the Donaldson-Mohney Funeral Home support our community. We are proud to sponsor the following organizations.
St. Bartholomew Catholic Church Holy Name Society
Sharpsville Football Boosters
Sharpsville PeeWee Football
Sharpsville VFW Post 6404
Lions Club International
Community Food Warehouse
Shenango Valley River Watchers
Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania
Shriners Childrens Hospital of Erie
Mercer County Shrine Club A.A.O.N.M.S.
Valley of New Castle Lodge Council Chapter Consistory
Transfer Sportsmens Club